13 December 2016

Hiya, me again...

HA! Over two months since my last post. I knew I'd be inconsistent with my blogging but I wasn't quite thinking I'd be this inconsistent. Thing is, I'm not even sorry. Teaching is BLOODY HARD WORK, and I don't always find time to click on my little 'Blogger' tab at the top of my screen and tap away something half interesting into this box for you to read. That's life though.

I'm three days (three days!) away from finishing my first term as an NQT. D'ya know how that feels? Pretty good tbh. I mean, it's pretty good but I'm also absolutely effing exhausted. Like, properly. I went to Harrogate to do some Christmas shopping with my Mum and sister at the weekend and I fell asleep leaning against a mirror in the middle of M&S. I am not joking.

Last time I updated you all it was because we were midway through our Ofsted inspection. I am DELIGHTED to tell you that we ended up with a "Good" result off the back of that. Considering the school had been put on "Requires Improvement" for the last two inspections - this was exactly the news we needed and had been hoping for and working towards. It was incredibly well deserved. I know I've technically only worked for the school for four months, but I've been involved within the school I work for over the course of the last eight years - I've seen what it has been, I've watched how it has improved, and I can see a massive amount of improvements and progress from that start point. The result we got was so deserved.

This is literally just a quick check-in post. I'm still here, I'm still surviving (just). I've been told by the cleaning staff that I am definitely the teacher that puts the most hours in - at least in school time... They should know, they have to kick me out of the building every single night... But don't worry - my #worklifebalance is alright. I might do a shit load of hours within the school building itself but when I get home I do literally nothing.

...Generally because within an hour of getting in my front door I've fallen asleep on the sofa clutching half a glass of sauvignon blanc.

Some things never change.

Anyway. I'm still here. I'm still teaching. I'm still exhausted. I promise I will try and post more often in the new year... It's just y'know - kids to teach and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment